Altamonte Spring Recreation Cheerleading program cheers along the Altamonte Flag Football League in the Fall. The program is designed for participants ages 5 to 14. Coaches safely familiarize participants with the fundamentals of cheerleading while teaching them the meaning of good sportsmanship and team work.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteers
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will wear face coverings (masks) and carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will encourage and maintain safe social distance.
- Officials will wear face coverings (masks) at all times.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents should practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants as well as any contact the registered participant has had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Participants will not be required to wear a face covering (mask).
- Parents and spectators are recommended to wear face coverings (masks) in accordance to the Seminole County Executive Order.
- Parents and spectators can bring and use their own chairs and set up along the dedicated areas outside of the perimeter fence in accordance to the Seminole County Executive Order. Bleachers will be off limits and dedicated as extended dugouts.
- Noncompliance to the Seminole County Executive Order could result in activity cancellation.
- Participants and parents should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before a practice and no more than 30 minutes before a game.
- Participants and parents should not loiter in the parking lot and leave immediately following their scheduled activity.