Altamonte Fastpitch Academy softball program in affiliation with Babe Ruth Softball offers a Spring and Fall League play for players ages 4 to 18. Players learn basic fundamentals and develop advanced skills in a competitive environment. Fees vary by division.
2021 Fall League Schedules
Spring Babe Ruth League is designed for players ages 4 to 18 (league age is each child’s age on December 31, 2021). Players who register prior to January 1 receive a $10 discount. A sibling discount of $5 is also available. There is no fee for first-year T-Ball players who reside in Altamonte Spring (contact us for more information). Registration for the 2022 spring season begins November 22. Player placement workouts begin the week of January 10. League play begins February 26.
All registered players will have the opportunity to train with AFA instructors throughout the season at no extra cost and will receive a full uniform which includes a jersey, pants, belt, socks, visor and an AFA practice shirt.
|Early Bird |
|Workout Dates & Times|
6 & Under
Teams form week of January 17
8 & Under
January 10 @ 6 p.m.
10 & Under
January 11 @ 6 p.m.
12 & Under
January 12 @ 6 p.m.
January 13 @ 6 p.m.
Come cheer your favorite Altamonte Baseball Academy, Altamonte Fastpitch and Central Florida Buddy Ball players. The annual opening to the spring season features a pancake breakfast followed by team introductions, sponsor and special recognitions, the ceremonial first pitch and the first games of the season. Park guests can also enjoy strolling entertainment, vendors, face painters and ballpark concessions. The event is February 26 at 8 a.m. at Eastmonte Park.
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteer Coaches
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants as well as any contact the registered participant has had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.